Keto pancakes is my most favourite keto breakfast with whipped cream and blueberries of course :)
Drooling just thinking about it . . .
As you can see in my pictures, I whip the cream in a bowl and bring it to the table with the rest of the food. BUT I also dip the beaters into my coffee to rinse them off. Mmmmm creamy coffee with stevia and skim milk.
I'm just use to skim. I'm not strict keto (at the time of writing this) and I'm happy with how things are unfolding at the moment ;)
Keep reading below for
- How to cook keto pancakes
- Tips to making your keto pancake cooking experience better
- More about healthy weight loss
This makes 3 decent sized pancakes
- 1 egg
- 50 grams cottage cheese
- 1/4 tbspn psyllium husk powder
- 15 grams butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 60 ml heavy whipping cream (HWC) as is abbreviated in keto talk ;) This is simply known as "thickened cream" in Australia.
How to cook keto pancakes
1. Mix together the eggs, cottage cheese and psyllium husk powder in a bowl. Let it sit for 5 mins to thicken up a bit.
2. Meanwhile, heat butter in a non stick fry pan. Fry the pancakes on medium heat for about 3 mins on each side.
3. While they are cooking, whip up some thickened cream with beaters until peaks form.
4. Serve the pancakes with whipped cream and blueberries.
Keto Pancake Tips
You can substitute the butter for coconut oil if you prefer to fry in that instead.
Before flipping the pancakes, make sure they're not melded together. I find that even the smallest bit touching another pancake can make flipping a flop :(
Feel free to use any berries. For example raspberries or strawberries. I'm just a blueberry kinda girl :)
More Information . . .
Transparency Note: Some of the products above are affiliate links which means that if you purchase them, I get a commission, small pony, magic wand or some kind of other amazing treasure. I know awesome, right? You can rest assured, I only promote things to you that I really think are fantastical (and I protect you like a mother bear)