Salmon and Cheesy Broc
I love salmon. My husband and the kids don't like seafood at all so I have to laugh when smells of fish fill the kitchen :) hehehe
This is a great meal because you can use the cheesy broc (broccoli) as a side dish to other keto meals as well. Hubby and the eldest daughter likes the cheesy broc part so that's cool too.
Keep reading below for
- How to cook salmon and cheesy broc
- Tips to making your salmon and cheesy broc cooking experience better
- More about healthy weight loss
This makes 4 serves
- 450 grams broccoli
- 75 grams butter
- salt and pepper
- 150 grams grated cheddar cheese
- x4 salmon portions (approx 160g per portion)
I'd split the cheesy broc into 4 serves and just cook one portion of salmon for myself (since no one else likes it in my family) #RollsEyes
How to cook salmon and cheesy broc
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
2. Cut broccoli into small florets (baby trees) and boil for a 2mins and then simmer for 2 mins. Drain and set aside.
3. Place drained broccoli into a greased baking dish. Add salt and pepper and butter to taste.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of the broccoli. Bake in over for 20 mins or until cheese melts and turns golden in colour.
5. While cheesy broc is cooking, season salmon portion with salt and pepper. Add butter to fry pan and fry salmon a few minutes on each side.
Salmon and Cheesy Broc Tips
You can substitute the salmon for another kind of fish if you prefer. (The fattier the fish, the better)
You can also substitute the broccoli for other green veg such as brussels sprouts, green beans or asparagus. (With not much change in the carbs so #HappyDance)
As for the 4 serves of cheesy broc, I had one, hubby had one, eldest had one and I saved the 4th serve to have the next day for lunch :) The cheesy broc freezes really well too if you prefer to have a big "cook day" and freeze a bunch of food for a few weeks or even a month. Saves a heck of a lot of time, energy and power!
More Information . . .
Transparency Note: Some of the products above are affiliate links which means that if you purchase them, I get a commission, small pony, magic wand or some kind of other amazing treasure. I know awesome, right? You can rest assured, I only promote things to you that I really think are fantastical (and I protect you like a mother bear)