Tai Chi And Meditation Classes
Tai Chi and Meditation Classes are held every Monday evening in Gowrie Junction beginning 17th October. You're welcome to choose just one class, or stay for the duration and take both classes.
All classes welcome beginners and ongoing students.
- Tai chi class begins at 6pm sharp and finishes at 6.45pm Cost $10
- Meditation class begins at 7pm and finishes at 7.45pm Cost $10
- Bookings are essential.
- Pay as you go.
- No experience is necessary.
- Details of each class is below.
- Booking form is at the end of this page.
About Tai Chi
Each class begins with a gentle warm up which consists of a series of easy stretches. Simply follow along in every class as you expand your set to the full 19 moves as listed below. Do not push yourself during class. Tai Chi teaches your body how to move slowly and with ease. Listen to your body as everything about you slows right down. Mind and thoughts included. CLICK HERE to watch the Tai Chi Warm Up Exercises on Youtube.
There are 19 movements to learn within this set. They are as follows:
1. Commencement of Tai Chi
3. Wave Hands Like Clouds (x3 left)
5. Fair Lady Works The Shuttle (left & right)
7. Toe Kick (left & right)
9. Wave Hands Like Clouds (x3 right)
11. Wave Hands Like Clouds (x3 left)
13. Stroking Birds Tail (left)
15. Stroking Birds Tail (right)
17. Wave Hands Like Clouds (x3 right)
19. Closing Movement
Tai Chi Health Benefits:
- Is suitable for almost anyone
- Relieves pain and improves quality of life for people with arthritis and medical conditions
- Improves muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, balance and posture
- Relieves stress, improves concentration and relaxation
- Integrates body and mind
- Socialise with new friends
Meditation is like pressing a pause button to stop the chaos of the world for a little while. These classes provide a relaxing opportunity to experience some of the easier ways of calming your mind, enhancing your wellbeing and getting present within yourself.
Class starts with your very own oracle card draw as people settle in, followed by a brief relaxation of the body, a guided meditation journey and then 5 to 10 minutes of time in self
Please bring your own water bottle and yoga mat on the day if you choose to lie down. Teens (13+) are welcome to join any classes as long as they have their parent/guardian participating in the class as well.
Benefits of Meditation Group:
- Gets you present and keeps you calm and relaxed
- Become more in tune with your Divine Essence
- Increase positive emotions, compassion, immune function
- Gain control over emotions and your ability to focus
- Decrease anxiety, stress, pain, feelings of loneliness and depression
- Gets you out of the house to be with like minded people