Tai Chi Classes
Tai Chi Classes are held every Thursday morning in Gowrie Junction. (starting 19th May 2022)
This is a beginners class. Return students are welcome to continue practising with us.
- Class begins at 9.30am and finishes at 10.15am.
- Cost is $10 per class. Pay as you go.
- Bookings are essential.
- No experience is necessary.
Each class begins with a gentle warm up which consists of a series of easy stretches. Kelly will then go through the full set of 19 moves over a six week period. Simply follow along in every class as you expand your set to the full 19 moves. Do not push yourself during class. Tai Chi teaches your body how to move slowly and with ease. Listen to your body as everything about you slows right down. Mind and thoughts included.
There are 19 movements to learn within this set. They are as follows:
1. Commencement of Tai Chi
3. Wave Hands Like Clouds (x3 left)
5. Fair Lady Works The Shuttle (left & right)
7. Toe Kick (left & right)
9. Wave Hands Like Clouds (x3 right)
11. Wave Hands Like Clouds (x3 left)
13. Stroking Birds Tail (left)
15. Stroking Birds Tail (right)
17. Wave Hands Like Clouds (x3 right)
19. Closing Movement
Tai Chi Health Benefits:
- Is suitable for almost anyone
- Relieves pain and improves quality of life for people with arthritis and medical conditions
- Improves muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, balance and posture
- Relieves stress, improves concentration and relaxation
- Integrates body and mind
- Socialise with new friends